No. I (15)/20124)(Pen/Policy)
Government of India
Ministry of befence,
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare,
New Delhi, dated 17th January, 2013To
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
SUBJECT: Implementation of the Government decision on the recommendations of Committee on the issues related to Defence Service Personnel and Ex-Servicemen - Pension/Family pension of Personnel Below Officer Rank (PBOR) discharged from service on or after 112006.
The under signed is directed to refer to the provisions contained in this Ministry's letter No 17(4)/08(2)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 18,8.2010 which provide that Pension of all ranks of post-1.1.2006 JCO/OR retirees in Army, Navy and Air Force (including DSC and TA) should in no case be less than 50% of notional pay in the revised pay structure corresponding to the maximum of the Fifth CPC pay scales across the three Services. The amount of pension so determined has to be reduced pro-rata if the reckonable qualifying service including rank weightage (except TA personnel) is less than service required to earn full pension. Further, in terms of provisions contained in Para 13 of this Ministry's letter No 1(6)/98/D(Pension/Services) dated 3.2.1998 read with MOD letter No 17(4)/ 2008(2)/ D(Pen/Policy) dated 12.11.2008, the normal rate of Ordinary family pension of post-1,1.2006 JCWOR is calculated at a uniform rate of 30% of reckonable emoluments last drawn. However, if an Armed Forces personnel dies while in service or after retirement with a pension and had rendered a minimum of 7 years of continuous qualifying service, Ordinary family pension at enhanced rates of 50% of the reckonable emoluments last drawn is allowed for a prescribed initial period.
2. A Committee of Secretaries headed by Cabinet Secretary was constituted by the Government to consider various issues on pension of Armed Forces personnel and Ex-Servicemen, who have recommended to increase current weightage in qualifying service of Sepoy, Naik and Havildar by two years and also to establish a linkage in the rate of the family pension with the pension of JCO/OR. The above recommendation of the Committee has been accepted by the Government and the President is pleased to decide that the weightage for the purpose of calculation of Pension in terms of para 2 of this Ministry's above said letter dated 18,8.2010 for the rank of Sepoy, Naik and Havildar shall be taken as 12, 10 and 8 years respectively subject to a maximum qualifying service of 32 years. However, in case an individual's qualifying service works out to be more than 32 years with existing weightage, he would continue to get the benefit of that and there will be no enhancement of weightage in such cases.
2.2 The other terms and conditions prescribed vide Para 2 & 3 of this Ministry's above said letter dated 18.8.2010 shall remain unchanged.
3. The President is also pleased to decide that the enhanced and normal rate of Ordinary family pension of post-1.1.2006 JCO/OR, determined in terms of Para 13 of this Ministry's above said letters dated 3.2.1998 read with letter dated 12.11.2008, shall in no case be less than 100% and 60% respectively of the pension determined in terms of this Ministry's ibid letter dated 18.8.2010 as modified vide this order subject to fulfillment of other prescribed conditions as hithertofore.
4. These orders shall take effect from 24,09.20/2 and shall also cover cases of post-1.1.2006 retiree/death in service cases. The financial benefit in past cases shall, however, be granted from 24.09,2012 only.
5. The pension / family pension of all JCO/OR including honorary Commissioned Officers who retired/discharged/invalided out/died while in service on or after 1.1.2006, shall be re-calculated in terms of these orders by the Pension Sanctioning Authorities concerned. However no commutation on enhanced pension in terms of these orders shall be allowed to the JCO/OR who retired/discharged/invalided out of service prior to date of implementation of this order. Necessary implementation instructions to all concerned shall be issued by Pr,CDA (Pension) Allahabad on receipt of these orders.
6. Pension Regulations of the three Services shall be amended in due course.
7. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Division of this Ministry vide their ID No. PC 1/10(12)/2012/FIN/PEN dated 10.01.2013
Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]